Videos for PyCon2009!

I just discovered that the talks at PyCon 2009 were video taped! Excellent! I had fun browsing them last night, looking for clues to the challenges that I face managing several complex Python packages.

I am not sure how the PyCon organizers justified the cost for doing this, but I think that this was an excellent idea. I would love to see other conferences adopt this idea (or at least support online publishing of electronic slides). I suspect that this would discourage some people from attending a conference. However, people like me are already traveling too much. Thus, the PyCon organizers did not lose anything with me; I was already unable to attend. Further, having access to the presentations makes me more likely to adopt the techniques/approaches that they are presenting! This sounds like a win-win to me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Python Plugin Frameworks

Using AsciiDoc for Mathematical Publications

A Different Model for Writing Blog Posts